There’s nothing better than a super quick vegan salad. Just one of those where you throw everything together, prep time is minimal and then you’re good to go. This is especially important if you’re into meal-prepping.
I try to meal prep my lunches on a Sunday for the week ahead. Lunch is probably my least favourite meal, and I get bored of the same thing quickly, so I always have to try and find new things to make for lunch. That being said, I’ll try and make one thing on a Sunday and have it every day for the entire week, and then repeat.
This vegan lentil salad is seriously perfect for those Sundays when you want to throw everything together for your lunch the next day. It would also be great if you have to contribute a dish to a pot luck, because it’s quick, simple but will keep people going back for more.
I love roast sweet potato and grape as a flavour combination. Roasted grapes are seriously underrated, and the two of them together are an absolutely perfect combination. Then teaming this with those super healthy lentils, sweet sundried tomatoes and acidic dressing makes for a flavourful dish that really packs a punch, and is incredibly healthy to boot.
The only thing you need to do in advance is roast the sweet potato and grapes, and that is such little effort that there’s really no excuse to not go out and make this now. Hope you enjoy!
Vegan Roast Sweet Potato, Grape and Lentil Salad
A quick, healthy and simple vegan lentil salad recipe that is full of flavour and the perfect lunch recipe or pot luck dish.
- For the salad
- 400g tin of lentils, drained and rinsed
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cut into small 1cm cubes
- 250g red grapes
- 70g sundried tomatoes, roughly chopped
- Large handful of parsley, roughly chopped
- 1tbsp extra virgin olive oil for roasting
- Salt to season
- For the dressing
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Juice from half a lemon
- Salt and pepper to season
- Step 1 Begin by pre-heating your oven to 180 degrees fan
- Step 2 On a baking tray place your chopped sweet potato. Drizzle with a small amount of olive oil and salt, then place in the oven for 50 minutes until soft. Leave aside to cool.
- Step 3 Repeat on a separate baking tray with your grapes, and place in the oven for about 1 hour 20 minutes, until the skin of the grapes is starting to rip. Leave aside to cool.
- Step 4 Whilst the sweet potato and grapes are cooking, you can begin prepping your salad. In a large bowl, place your lentils, sundried tomatoes and parsley, and mix well.
- Step 5 In a seperate small bowl, mix together all of your dressing ingredients.
- Step 6 Once cooled, place your sweet potato and grapes in the bowl with the salad ingredients.
- Step 7 Finish off with your salad dressing and mix well. Leave covered in the fridge until needed
- Step 8 Serve!