I am a massive fan of noodles. Probably because they’re carbs, and carbs are life. But I love having them as often as possible, either for my lunch, or for my dinner. Lately though, I’ve been meal prepping these noodles for my lunch and having them every day.
They’re super easy and quick to make, which makes them the perfect meal-prep recipe. They can be eaten hot or cold as well, which again, makes it the perfect dish to take to work because you can still enjoy them if you can’t quite reach a microwave.
I love this because you can throw in whatever veggies you want, which means you can switch it up to stop it getting boring. I also like to add tofu as well for an extra bit of protein, so really, it’s up to you what you want to add.
These are really saucy noodles. As in, there’s a lot of sauce. It never looks like much when you make it, and when you pour it on, but when you start to stir it all together you’ll realise there’s a lot. If you prefer to have your noodles a bit drier, then I recommend pouring in a bit at a time to get the consistency that you want.
I’m a big fan of miso (check out our miso vegetable skewers), which is why there’s a lot of miso in this recipe. It gives a really delicious salty kick to the marinade. You’ve also got the sweetness from the sweetener and a spicy hint from the chilli. It’s really everything you want from sweet and spicy noodles.
Have a go, make a big batch and keep them for the week and enjoy.
Vegan Sweet and Salty Miso Noodles
- 1 orange pepper, cut into 1 inch strips
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1tsp fresh ginger, finely chopped
- Packet of rice noodles
- 1tbsp rice malt syrup (or other natural sweetener)
- 2tbsp miso paste
- 2tbsp soy sauce
- 1tbsp mirin
- 2tsp crushed chilli paste
- 1tsp lime juice
- Step 1 Begin by cooking the rice noodles as per the packet instructions then set aside
- Step 2 In a bowl, mix together the ginger, rice malt syrup, miso paste, soy sauce, mirin, crushed chilli paste and lime juice and stir until well combined
- Step 3 Place your cooked rice noodles into a large bowl and add your chopped veggies
- Step 4 Pour over the marinade and stir until well combined
- Step 5 Serve!