This is an old favourite from my pre-vegan days. It’s my mum’s recipe, although is more a case of just throw it all in and hope it works. I haven’t had this in years and knew it was time to veganise it.
So, this is a really simple and delicious pasta salad. A mix of yoghurt, mayonnaise, mango chutney and curry powder, it’s a combination of creamy pasta, sweet mango chutney and spicy curry powder. Typical of coronation chicken, we’ve taken the flavours to make an Indian inspired pasta dish.
This is served cold, and is the perfect side dish for a summer BBQ. It’s also really great to have just on its own for lunch or dinner. Once you’ve made it once, you’ll be raring to go and make it again and again. Make sure to tailor the ingredients to your taste; want it a bit more spicy? Add in more curry powder. Want it a bit sweeter? More mango chutney.
You can really add whatever you want to this, but we’ve added in raisins, flaked almonds and spring onions. They pair really great with this, but you could also add in some finely chopped red pepper or pistachios.
Give it a go and let me know what you think!
Vegan Coronation Pasta Salad
- 200g uncooked pasta
- 70g vegan mayonnaise
- 40g vegan soy or coconut yoghurt
- 70g mango chutney
- 40g raisins
- 25g flaked almonds
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 1 heaped tbsp curry powder
- Step 1 First, cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain and leave to cool
- Step 2 In a large bowl, add your cooled pasta, mango chutney, mayo, yoghurt and curry powder
- Step 3 Stir to coat evenly
- Step 4 Add in your raisins, flaked almonds and spring onions, and stir well to ensure even distribution
- Step 5 Garnish with leftover raisins, flaked almonds and spring onions
- Step 6 Serve!