We came back from Florida in May after a fab family holiday. I don’t really like eating plane food, so I prefer to take some plane snacks instead. So when we were over there, we headed to Walmart to find some snacks to take with us on the journey home.
Mostly we got healthy snacks, but we got a few treats as well. One of those snacks were these amazing chocolate pretzel bites. Crunchy, salty and chocolately, they were so good and very moorish. I’ve not really seen anything similar over in the UK, so we decided to make some ourselves.
These are incredibly easy and very similar to our vegan rocky roads. It’s just three ingredients, chocolate, pretzels, and sea salt. You really can’t go wrong with these. The contrast of the chocolate and salt is really delicious, and the crunch of the pretzels give them that extra edge.
Whilst they are ridiculous simply, they would make a great treat for a kids party or to give to friends. They taste so good no one will believe you when you tell them how easy they are to make! Give them a go and let us know what you think.
Vegan Chocolate Pretzel Bites
Crunchy, salty and chocolatey, these vegan chocolate pretzel bites are the sweet treat to share with friends and family (or to eat all to yourself!)
- 360g vegan chocolate
- 70g salted pretzels
- Sea salt
- Step 1 Begin by breaking your chocolate into small pieces in a microwave safe bowl
- Step 2 Place in the microwave on high in 30 second bursts, stirring each time so as to not burn, until melted
- Step 3 Next, take your pretzels and break them into smaller pieces with your hands. You just want to break them up, not grind them into crumbs
- Step 4 Pour your broken pretzels into the chocolate and stir until combined
- Step 5 Pour the chocolate pretzel mix onto a tray covered in parchment paper
- Step 6 Smooth the chocolate pretzel mix until it’s about 1cm thick
- Step 7 Lightly sprinkle with sea salt
- Step 8 Place in the fridge until hard, at least 30 minutes
- Step 9 Remove from the fridge and break into shards with your hands. Keep in the fridge until needed.
- Step 10 Serve!