I’ve been experimenting with chia seed puddings for a few years now. At first, I really just couldn’t stomach them and I didn’t quite see what the big fuss was. However, I’ve continued trying them every few months and now I have to say, I’m a fan.
I will say that they are odd. They’re a weird gloopy texture, and get a chia seed stuck in your teeth, and it’s there for a while. But I love how you can experiment with different flavours, add different toppings, and get super creative.
As I am currently in New Zealand, kiwis are everywhere, and they’re cheap. So it seemed only fitting to incorporate kiwis into this recipe, and so I bring to you, my topical kiwi chia seed pudding.
This recipe is really quick and easy to make, although don’t forget that the actual chia pudding does need time to set, so you can’t eat it straight away. Minimum is probably an hour, ideally though, make it the night before then when you wake up you have a delicious and healthy start to the day.
Kiwis are super high in Vitamin C; they in fact have more vitamin C than an orange, so they’re really great for you. Chia seeds are loaded with healthy protein and fiber, so it’s a seriously great way to start the day. Enjoy!
Tropical Kiwi Chia Seed Pudding
- 2 kiwis
- 25g chia seeds
- 120ml almond milk
- 0.5tbsp rice malt syrup (or other natural sweetener of your choice)
- To decorate (optional)
- 1 kiwi
- Half banana
- 1tsp desiccated coconut
- Step 1 To begin, peel and roughly chop your two kiwis
- Step 2 Place the chopped kiwi into a blender and blend until smooth
- Step 3 Pour the blended kiwi into a small jar and place in the fridge until needed
- Step 4 In a small bowl, mix together your chia seeds, almond milk and sweetener until well combined
- Step 5 Cover and place in the fridge, stirring again after about half an hour to avoid any clumps. Leave to set for at least 1 hour (ideally overnight)
- Step 6 When ready to serve, pour the chia mixture into the jar on top of the blended kiwi, and top with chopped banana, kiwi and desiccated coconut
- Step 7 Serve!