This recipe is part of the Vegan Christmas series.
Peas. There’s something about them that I can’t help but like. But lets be honest, they can be a little boring, and I could think of nothing worse than just having a portion of boring peas on my plate, especially at Christmas.
As these are part of my Christmas series, I’ve jazzed them up a bit. Again, a family favourite and I’m sure they’ll quickly become a staple in your home too. They’re incredibly easy and quick to make, but so good no one will realise it only took you 10 minutes.
To keep things simple, these can be made the day before and then re-heated on the stove when needed.
This will make 4 large portions, or 6 smaller ones
Vegan Creamy Peas
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 500g frozen peas
- 180g soy cream
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Olive oil
- Step 1 Heat a small amount of olive oil in a large frying pan
- Step 2 Once hot, add your onion and sauté over a low heat until soft
- Step 3 Once soft, add you frozen peas
- Step 4 Stir well until peas have defrosted
- Step 5 Add in your soy cream and seasoning and stir well
- Step 6 Cook until everything is warm through and soy cream has reduced slightly, about 10 minutes over a medium to high heat
- Step 7 Finally just before serving, add your spring onions and stir them through. Reserve a handful for garnish if you wish
- Step 8 Serve!
- Step 9 As noted above, this can be made the night before and re-heated on the stove when needed.