Miso paste is one of my favourites. I could just eat it straight out of the jar, and this miso glaze is something I make all the time. Marinating the vegetable skewers and then grilling them on the BBQ is the perfect summer BBQ side.
You could use this glaze on anything or even just have it as a sauce. You could also mix and match different veg on the skewers as well, or just use whatever you have available. I used red pepper, red onion, courgette, mushroom and pineapple. Serve alongside our summer quinoa salad and sweet potato and black bean burgers.
I love the salty sweetness of this glaze and I hope you like it as much as I do.
Miso Vegetable Skewers
- 1x red onion
- 1x red pepper
- 1x courgette
- 4x white mushrooms
- 1x tin pineapple rings
- 3 tbsp sweet white miso paste
- 1 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp agave nectar
- 0.5 tsp dijon mustard
- Step 1 Start by making your glaze. Mix all of the glaze ingredients in a jug and mix until combined. Set aside
- Step 2 Cut all your veg into chunks.
- Step 3 Thread your veg onto the skewers in whatever order you want. Place on a plate
- Step 4 Pour the glaze onto the skewers. The glaze is thick so I used a knife to spread it on and ensured it covers all sides.
- Step 5 Leave to marinate for about half an hour, until needed.
- Step 6 Grill your skewers on the BBQ. Turn frequently until crisp and cooked through, about 5 minutes each side. (Remember, if using metal skewers they will get hot so use a cloth to turn them).
- Step 7 Serve!