Can you ever beat a really good rum cocktail? Honestly I’m not sure you can, and this one in particular will really help you get your night started.
A fruity mix of rum, pineapple and orange, this Treasure Island cocktail will take you straight to the Caribbean and make you feel like you’re sipping cocktails on the beach in the sun.
I can’t think of a time where this cocktail wouldn’t be perfect, so I recommend you get everything together and make one asap; you can thank me later.
Treasure Island Rum Cocktail
- 45ml FNQ Iridium rum
- 30ml pineapple syrup (if you cannot find pineapple syrup, drain the juice from a can of pineapple slices)
- 6-8 drops of orange bitters
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp agave nectar
- Juice of half a lime
- To garnish (option): pineapple leaf, maraschino cherry, orange peel
- Step 1 Put brown sugar into a cocktail shaker and add a dash of water
- Step 2 Add 2 ice cubes to the shaker and stir together until sugar has dissolved
- Step 3 Next, add your rum, bitters and 2 more ice cubes and stir
- Step 4 To your cocktail shaker, add the pineapple syrup, lime juice and agave nectar and 2 more ice cubes. Stir
- Step 5 Now, shake your cocktail in the shaker until well mixed
- Step 6 In your cocktail glass, squeeze/rub around the rim with an orange peel
- Step 7 Fill your glass with ice
- Step 8 Pour your cocktail into your glass and garnish
- Step 9 Serve!