Raspberries and white chocolate are one of the most perfect combinations, which is what makes these toasties so delicious. If you have a toastie maker this is a great way to use it and make something a bit different.
Using your toastie maker for dessert is a really fab way to use it. A toastie maker is one of those gadgets you buy, use once, and then put to the back of the kitchen cupboard and never use again. So if that’s you, bring it out, dust it off and put it to use!
A quick word of warning – your toastie maker will get quite messy, so you will have a bit of cleaning to do after. Totally worth it though.
I’m not going to ramble on, just drool over the photos and then give it a go yourself.
Vegan Raspberry and White Chocolate Toasties
- 100g frozen raspberries
- 25g caster sugar
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 25g vegan white chocolate chips
- 2 tsp vegan butter, melted
- One roll of frozen puff pastry, thawed (you will have some left over)
- Icing sugar and vegan ice cream to serve
- Step 1 In a saucepan, heat the raspberries, caster sugar and vanilla extract on a low heat and stir until sugar is melted and raspberries are glossy. You do not want the raspberries to loose their shape so this should not take long. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Step 2 Roll out your puff pastry and cut out 4 squares. They should be slightly smaller than the size of your toastie machine spaces.
- Step 3 Lightly grease your toastie machine with the melted butter, then heat as per machine guidelines.
- Step 4 Once ready, lay down one square of puff pastry into the toastie machine. Fill with the raspberry mixture (try to avoid using too much sauce and use just the whole raspberries instead) and scatter on the vegan white chocolate chips. Place the other piece of puff pastry on top, close the toastie machine and cook.
- Step 5 Cook until the puff pastry is lightly golden.
- Step 6 Serve with the leftover raspberry sauce, a sprinkle of icing sugar and ice cream. Delicious!