Everybody loves a doughnut, right? They’re the perfect treat to end a long day. And actually, they’re surprisingly easy to make. If you’re a long time follower of my blog, you’ll know that I’ve done a doughnut recipe before, my ‘best ever doughnuts‘, and if you’ve not tried them yet, you need to.
This time, I’ve gone down a healthier route. Except I say this with trepidation, as really the only thing that makes them healthy is that there are blueberries on top. We’ll just ignore the fact that the blueberry glaze come with a whole load of added sugar. Fruit automatically just makes things healthy, right?
Anyway, these are so good. If you’re not one for chocolate but more of a fruit fan, you need to get on these ASAP. Apart from the fact they look seriously pretty, they’re also seriously moreish. I’d recommend making them only if you have people visiting or someone to give them too, otherwise you’ll soon find you’ve eaten your way through most of them.
You’ll need to first make the doughnuts. They’re really easy to make and so delicious, so head on over to my vegan doughnut recipe now, and prepare for serious doughnut yumminess.
Vegan Blueberry Glazed Doughnuts
- Ring doughnuts from my vegan doughnut recipe (see link above)
- 200g frozen blueberries
- 200g icing sugar
- Warm water
- Step 1 In a bowl, sift your icing sugar
- Step 2 Add a tablespoon of warm water at a time to the icing sugar, mixing each time, until you get a runny icing sugar mixture
- Step 3 Set aside
- Step 4 In a saucepan over a low heat, add your frozen blueberries
- Step 5 Defrost in the pan, stirring as you go, until the blueberries have defrosted and broken down slightly
- Step 6 Add a small amount of the blueberry liquid to the icing sugar
- Step 7 With your cooked ring doughnuts, dip them into the icing sugar to glaze and set on a wire rack
- Step 8 Repeat for all doughnuts
- Step 9 Take the rest of your blueberries, and put a dollop of blueberries into the centre of each doughnut
- Step 10 With the remainder of the doughnut liquid, flick some onto the doughnuts to create a marbled effect
- Step 11 Serve!