I’m currently sitting in front of my beautiful sparkly Christmas tree, sipping on this perfect Christmas cocktail and now I am well and truly excited for Christmas.
I made vegan mince pies a few weeks back, and have leftover mincemeat sitting in the fridge. The mincemeat has quite a lot of liquid and I suddenly had a brainwave, why not use this excess liquid in a cocktail? I prefer to avoid putting too much liquid in the mince pie, so the liquid is just going to waste anyway, so it’s the perfect way to use up leftover mincemeat.
If you don’t happen to have mincemeat lying around, then make some! You get delicious mince pies at the end, and you can make this cocktail. Alternatively, store brought mince meat would likely work as well. If you heat it down I would expect it to make liquid and you should be able to use that. You’ll need to make sure you drain 50ml of liquid from the mincemeat.
This Christmas cocktail would be perfect for any festive party you have coming up. The hint of Christmas spice pairs beautifully with the cherry liquor, giving you a cocktail that feels like your drinking Christmas.
Santas Kryptonite Cocktail
- 4 ice cubes + extra to fill glass
- 5ml sugar syrup
- 5ml spiced dark rum
- 55ml cherry liquor
- 4 dashes of orange bitters
- 50ml vegan mincemeat liquid (drain the liquid from the fruit mincemeat used in mince pies)
- 50g cinnamon sugar
- 1 lime wedge
- Step 1 Begin by preparing your glasses. Rub the lime wedge around the rim of your glasses, then dip into the cinnamon sugar. Set aside
- Step 2 To your cocktail shaker, add 2 ice cubes, sugar syrup, spiced dark rum, cherry liquor, orange bitters and mincemeat liquid.
- Step 3 Stir together
- Step 4 Add 2 more ice cubes to the cocktail shaker
- Step 5 Shake the cocktail shaker to ensure cocktail is well mixed
- Step 6 Pour into glass filled with ice
- Step 7 Serve!