I was watching the food channel the other day and someone was making a cheesecake. Whilst it has never been one of my favourite desserts (I find it just too rich), I decided I wanted to make my own vegan version, because it’s something I hadn’t had since turning vegan.
Moving away from my traditional choice of chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate, I turned to trusty peanut butter for this decadent vegan cheesecake. It is amazing. Seriously, if you’re missing cheesecake, you need to make this ASAP.
I’m also not one for just leaving someone plain, so I’ve decorated it with homemade honeycomb. It looks great and the honeycomb just pairs perfectly with the peanut butter cheesecake. Seriously, I made this and couldn’t stop eating it, which is always dangerous. I actually preferred it to its non-vegan counterpart; it was rich, but just not quite as bad as a normal cheesecake. Make this and you’ll have vegans and omnis begging for the recipe!
For the honeycomb, I used the honeycomb recipe from my unicorn honeycomb lollipops. You won’t need the white chocolate. The honeycomb is quick to do so I’d really recommend making it to elevate the cheesecake to the next level. Have a go and let me know how you get on!
Vegan Peanut Butter and Honeycomb Cheesecake
- 200g vegan digestive biscuits
- 75g vegan butter
- 460g vegan cream cheese
- 70g icing sugar, sifted
- 300ml soy whip (or other vegan cream), room temp
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 200g peanut butter
- 20g vegan chocolate (optional)
- Step 1 Begin by crushing your digestive biscuits in a food processor or in a sandwich bag until fine. Place in a large mixing bowl
- Step 2 In a separate bowl, melt your butter in the microwave
- Step 3 Add your melted butter to your crushed biscuits and stir until well covered
- Step 4 Put your biscuits in your cheesecake tin and press down firmly to completely cover the base and ensure its well packed together
- Step 5 Place in the fridge to firm
- Step 6 Next, beat your cream cheese and icing sugar together until well combined
- Step 7 In a separate bowl with an electric hand whisk, whisk your cream and vanilla together until it has begun to thicken
- Step 8 Fold your cream cheese mix, peanut butter and cream mix together in a large bowl until everything is well combined
- Step 9 Once your base is firm (about 30 minutes), remove from the fridge and pour your cheesecake mix onto the base
- Step 10 Smooth out with a spatula and then place in the fridge to harden. Ideally leave overnight
- Step 11 To make the honeycomb, use the recipe from the unicorn honeycomb lollipops recipe
- Step 12 Crush the honeycomb on top, drizzle with melted chocolate and serve!